Gluten free flatbread
grain free | gluten free
Recipe from: Johanna from glutenfreerecipeworld.de
INGREDIENTS: for 2 medium flatbreads
- 210 g Ruut cassava flour
- 40 g chickpea flour
- 60 g potato starch
- 100 g tapioca starch
- 20 g psyllium husk flour
- 20 g arrowroot starch
- 490 ml lukewarm water (approx. 35 degrees)
- 30 grams of fresh yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar or lemon juice
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 egg, size M
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds (white and black seeds)
Tip :) Only use a kitchen scale for our recipes or to weigh the flour.
- Put all types of flour, arrowroot starch and psyllium husks in a bowl and mix well.
- Crumble the yeast over it, sprinkle sugar over it and pour over the lukewarm water. Cover and leave to rest for about 15 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and knead well with the dough hook of a hand mixer, knead for at least 5 minutes. The dough will still be quite soft and moist, but still workable.
- Place the dough on a well-floured work surface, divide into two equal parts and shape into patties (approx. 2 cm high). Place the flat cakes on a baking sheet lined with baking paper, shape them again, sprinkle with the sesame seeds, press down a little and leave covered in a warm place for 60 minutes.
- Shortly before the end of the rising time, preheat the oven to 180 degrees top and bottom heat. Carefully brush the flat cakes with olive oil, lightly carve them in a diamond pattern and bake for 40 minutes.
- Let the flatbreads cool completely on a wire rack.
- You can also sprinkle the flatbread with herbs, then it tastes a bit Mediterranean.
- It is perfect for grilling, as a starter, for example as a bruschetta, or simply as breakfast bread.