Juicy potato bread
Note: Bake gluten-free with the Ruut cassava flour
Recipe from: Johanna from glutenfreerecipeworld.de
INGREDIENTS: for 1 loaf of bread
- 300 g floury potatoes (weighed with skin)
- 450 ml lukewarm water
- 300 g Ruut cassava flour
- 50 grams of flax flour
- 150 grams of buckwheat flour
- 25 g psyllium husk powder
- 2 eggs size M
- 40 ml apple cider vinegar
- 8 grams of dry yeast
- 7 grams of salt
- 25 grams of olive oil
Tip :) Only use a kitchen scale for our recipes and to weigh the flour.
- Boil the potatoes very soft and let them cool down a bit. Remove the peel and mash with the potato masher to a fine pulp. Pour the porridge into a large mixing bowl.
- First add the lukewarm water and then all the other ingredients.
- Knead the dough well. This is best done with a food processor, but otherwise with an electric hand mixer.
- Line a loaf tin (approx. 24cm x 10cm x 6cm) with baking paper and fill in the dough. The dough will be relatively firm, so press it into the mold well so that it is evenly distributed.
- Let the bread rise in a warm place for 60 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees, top and bottom heat, and bake the bread for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Do the knock test* to see if it's done. If it still doesn't sound hollow, give it another 10-15 minutes.
- Let the bread whole on a wire rack before slicing!! (at least 2 hours) to cool down. If you cut it too soon, it will still be very soft and mushy inside.
Tips for a good baking result:
- The best way to mash the potatoes is with a potato ricer. But not everyone has that, so you can just use a potato masher. Here you have to pound well so that the potatoes are really well mashed.
- Make sure that your psyllium husks are really very finely ground, preferably like a fine powder. The finer they are ground, the better the baking properties and your baking result will be better.
- Knock test: You can use the knock test to determine whether your bread is ready. To do this, tap the bottom of the bread, it will sound hollow, if it's done, if it's not hollow, it will take a few more minutes. You can then put it back in the oven without the loaf pan and continue baking for 10-15 minutes.
- It is very important that you let the breadcool COMPLETELY (at least 2 hours) before you cut it! If you cut it too early, it will still be very soft and mushy inside, and you'll feel like it's not done yet.
- The bread is generally a bit stickier than other breads. This is due to the potatoes and the ruut cassava flour . At the same time, it is very juicy and stays very fresh and soft for 5 days.
Discover now Ruut cassava flour, the best wheat alternative!
Get the Ruut cassava flour today