Paleo grain bread
paleo | grain free | gluten free
INGREDIENTS: for about 20 thin slices
- 315 ml lukewarm water (45°C.)
- 1 tbsp molasses
- 9 grams of dry yeast
- 320-345g Ruut cassava flour
- 4 tablespoons chia seed flour (20 g)
- 4 tbsp flaxseed flour (20g)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons psyllium husk flour (15g)
- 1 tbsp poppy seed
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1 heaped tsp salt (6g)
- 2 eggs (100g)
- 1 tbsp olive oil (15ml)
- 1 egg white
- 1 tsp molasses
- 1 tsp water
- 2 tsp sunflower seeds
- 2 tsp pumpkin seeds
Tip :) Only use a kitchen scale for our recipes and to weigh the flour.
- Combine the water, molasses and yeast in a large mixing bowl and stir until the yeast has dissolved. Leave to stand for about 15 minutes until a light foam has formed.
- In a small bowl, mix 100 g of the Ruut cassava flour with the chia seed flour, the linseed flour, the finely ground psyllium husks, the poppy seeds, the sesame seeds and a heaping teaspoon of salt.
- Add to the yeast mixture and stir well. Now add the eggs and the oil and mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Knead the mixture with another 190 g of the Ruut cassava flour to form a sticky but firm dough. Add up to 4 tablespoons of flour if needed.
- Shape into an oval loaf of approx. 25x18x4 cm and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Cover with a cloth and let rise for 75-105 minutes, until dough has risen and is soft to the touch.
- The oven to 190°C. preheat with top/bottom heat. For the topping, whisk together 1 egg white, 1 teaspoon molasses, and 1 teaspoon water in a small bowl and brush onto the loaf. Sprinkle with sunflower and pumpkin seeds.
- Place the loaf in the oven and bake for 45-50 minutes until the sides of the loaf are golden brown. When preheating the oven, add a bowl of water or place 4-6 ice cubes in the oven just before the bread goes in.
Let cool completely before serving!
- You can test the doneness of the bread with a roasting thermometer: it is 93°C. Core temperature done!
- The bread can be stored in a bread box or other airtight container at room temperature for about 3-5 days. It's slowly getting dry.