Gluten-free grain bread with millet
gluten free | vegan
Recipe by: Johanna from glutenfreierezeptwelt.de
INGREDIENTS: for a loaf tin, approx. 24 cm x 10 cm x 6 cm
- 100 g gluten-free rolled oats
- 50 grams of flaxseed
- 70 g sunflower seeds
- 80 g uncooked millet grains *
- 350ml hot water
- 200 g Ruut cassava flour
- 80 g golden millet flour **
- 30 Psyllium Husk Powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 15 grams of dry yeast
- 30 ml apple cider vinegar (or white vinegar)
- 300 ml of warm water
* instead of millet you can also use 30 g sesame seeds and 50 g whole buckwheat grains.
** Instead of golden millet flour you can also use buckwheat flour.
Tip :) Only use a kitchen scale for our recipes and to weigh the flour.
- Mix the rolled oats, linseed, sunflower seeds and millet (or sesame and buckwheat) in a baking bowl and add the 350 g of hot water. Mix well and leave to soak for 15 minutes.
- Add all other ingredients for the dough and knead well with the dough hook of a hand mixer or the food processor (knead for at least 5 minutes).
- Pour the dough into a loaf tin (approx. 24 cm x 10 cm x 6 cm) and let it rise, covered, for 45-60 minutes, depending on the room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C, top and bottom heat and bake the bread for 90 minutes. Take the bread out of the pan and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Let the bread cool down completely on a wire rack (at least 4 hours!).