Recipe from : Dani from www.zottenglueck.blogspot.com
Ingredients : for a square baking pan (20x20cm)
- 80g Ruut cassava meal
- 40g cornstarch
- 125g sugar
- 135g butter
- 3 eggs (M)
- 8g vanilla sugar
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 100g chocolate to decorate
Tip :) Only use a kitchen scale for our recipes and to weigh the flour.
- Line a square baking tin (20x20cm) with baking paper and preheat the oven to 300°C grill setting.
- Separate two of the eggs and set the two yolks aside. Beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt until stiff.
- Now the butter is beaten with the help of the hand mixer until smooth. Gradually add the sugar until a bound mass forms. Now you can gradually mix in the two egg yolks and the third egg.
- Mix three tablespoons of milk into the mixture.
- Separately, mix the flour with the starch, baking powder and vanilla sugar and slowly beat into the egg-butter-sugar mixture on a low speed.
- Finally, the beaten egg whites are folded in. The dough is now ready.
- Pour two tablespoons of the batter into the mold and spread the bottom of the mold with the batter. Make sure that the layer is really thin so that enough marbled layers are created afterwards.
- Place the dish in the oven about 20 cm from the grill for about 2 minutes. The layer is baked as soon as it is golden brown.
- Remove the pan from the oven and spread the next 2 tablespoons onto the baked layer of dough. Then the next layer is baked for about 2 minutes.
- Repeat this step until the batter is used up (Approximately 10-15 layers depending on the size of the pan).
- Leave the cake and mold to cool on a wire rack for about 30 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the parchment paper and cut into the desired shape. For example, bite-sized cubes or as a whole cake.
- Finally, the chocolate is melted over a water bath and poured over the finished Baumkuchen. Let cool and enjoy!