gluten free | grain free
Recipe from: Claudia from www.cb-fitnesscoaching.de
Ingredients : For 1 cake
- 200g soft butter
- 150g sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 4 eggs
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 220g Ruut cassava flour
- As required: 6-10 tablespoons of milk (possibly lactose-free) or water
- ½ cup baking powder
- 3-4 apples
- powdered sugar for sprinkling
Tip :) Only use a kitchen scale for our recipes and to weigh the flour.
- Cream together the butter, sugar and salt. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, into the mixture.
- Mix the flour, baking powder and cinnamon and stir into the foam mixture. The dough should be nice and creamy, if necessary adjust with up to 6 tablespoons of milk or water so that the dough is not too firm but creamy.
- Pour the batter into a greased springform pan.
- Peel, quarter and core the apples and cut the surface in a fan shape. With a firm, tart variety, the apple pieces must be pre-cooked for a few minutes, otherwise the apples on the cake will not become soft! Distribute the apple pieces on the dough.
- Bake the cake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees (top and bottom heat, on the middle shelf) for about 45 - 50 minutes.
- Let cool and sprinkle with powdered sugar.