Paleo heather sand cookies
paleo | grain free | gluten free
Quantity: approx. 36 biscuits
- 150 grams of butter
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1.5 teaspoons grated zest of 1 unwaxed lemon
- 1 pinch of salt
- 65 grams of honey
- 150g Ruut cassava flour
- 30 g arrowroot flour
Tip :) Only use a kitchen scale for our recipes or to weigh the flour.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Once the butter is soft, reduce the heat and cook until light brown, about 10-12 minutes. Remove from the stove and let cool to room temperature.
- Split the vanilla pod lengthways, scrape out the vanilla and mix with the chilled butter. Stir in the lemon zest and salt. Add the honey. Sift the flour and arrowroot flour over the butter mixture. Mix everything well with a spoon, if necessary knead everything well with your hands.
- Divide the dough and form into two 20 cm long rolls with a diameter of 3.5 cm on baking paper. Wrap each in the baking paper and refrigerate for at least two hours.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line the baking sheet with parchment paper. Unwrap the chilled dough and cut into 8-9mm thick slices.
- Bake cookies for 10 to 12 minutes until edges are lightly brown. Leave to cool on a wire rack.
- Make your own vanilla sugar! Simply mix the cut vanilla pods with sugar and leave to infuse in a glass.