Cheesecake with plums and crumbles
grain free | gluten free
Recipe by: Johanna from glutenfreierezeptwelt.de
Ingredients: for 1 cake with a diameter of approx. 18 cm
For the ground
- 70 grams of cold butter
- 100 g Ruut cassava flour
- 25 grams of sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tbsp water
For the curd filling
- 500 g cottage cheese
- 100 grams of cream cheese
- 2 eggs, M
- 80 sugars
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 30 g cornstarch
- 250 g plums
For the sprinkles
- 25 g cassava flour
- 25 g ground almonds
- 15 grams of sugar
- 25 grams of butter
Tip :) Only use a kitchen scale for our recipes and to weigh the flour.
- Put all the ingredients in a bowl and knead with your hands to form a smooth dough.
- Wrap the dough in cling film and let it rest in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Roll out the dough on a well-floured work surface and line the bottom of a springform pan (18 cm diameter) with it. Form a small edge. The dough will tear a bit when you put it in. At the end, simply press the dough back together.
- Refrigerate the mold until further processing.
- Put all the ingredients, except for the mirabelle plums, in a mixing bowl and mix to a smooth mass using an electric hand mixer.
- Pour the batter into the cake pan.
- Wash the plums, cut in half and remove the stone. Distribute the individual halves slightly diagonally on the cake. The mirabelle plums should be about halfway into the quark mass.
Preheat the oven to 180° C, top and bottom heat.
- Knead all ingredients together in a bowl. Do not knead for too long and rub the ingredients rather than knead them, so that irregular crumbles are formed.
- Scatter the crumbles over the mirabelle plums and press down lightly.
Bake the cake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes. Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool completely before slicing in the cake tin.
If the quark and cream cheese are brought to room temperature before processing, then the quark filling can be better mixed into a smooth mass.