Gluten free cherry pie with sprinkles
gluten free | grain free
Recipe from : Johanna from www.glutenfreierezeptwelt.de
Ingredients: for a springform pan, approx. 24 cm in diameter
For the dough and sprinkles:
- 180 grams of butter
- 80 grams of sugar
- 180 g cassava flour
- 20 g coconut flour
- 80 g ground almonds
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 egg, size M
For the filling:
- 100 g cottage cheese
- 70 grams of yoghurt
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 20 g corn starch or potato starch
- 700 g fresh cherries
Tip :) Only use a kitchen scale for our recipes and to weigh the flour.
- Bring all the ingredients together to form a crumbly dough. It's not supposed to be kneaded properly, just enough to combine all the ingredients.
- Pour 2/3 of the dough into a springform pan (approx. 24 cm in diameter) and shape into a smooth base with an edge of approx. 3 cm at the top. Refrigerate.
- First stone the cherries and let them simmer in a saucepan for about 10 minutes, stirring often. This will make them softer and the juice will come out. Put aside.
- Now mix all the ingredients for the filling together and pour onto the cake base. Scatter over the cherries with the juice. "Pluck" crumbles from the remaining 1/3 of the dough and place on the cherries, pressing down lightly.
- Bake the cake in a preheated oven, 200 degrees, top and bottom heat, for 40 minutes. Let cool and sprinkle with some powdered sugar before serving.