Gluten-free apple cake with marzipan almond cream
gluten free | grain free
Recipe from : Johanna from www.glutenfreierezeptwelt.de
Ingredients: for a springform pan with a diameter of approx. 18 cm
For the shortcrust pastry:
- 60 g Ruut cassava flour
- 80 grams of cold butter
- 25 grams of sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 egg yolk
For the marzipan almond cream:
- 100 ml cream
- 100 g raw marzipan mass
- 80 g finely ground almonds
- 2 eggs, size M
- 50 grams of sugar
- 50 g soft butter
- 3 small apples (approx. 230 g)
- 4 walnuts
Tip :) Only use a kitchen scale for our recipes and to weigh the flour.
- Put all the ingredients in a bowl and knead with your hands to form a smooth dough. Chill the dough until further processing.
- Heat the cream, cut the marzipan into small cubes and dissolve in the cream. (see tips)
- Put the ground almonds, eggs, sugar and butter in a mixing bowl, add the cream and marzipan cream and process to a smooth cream using a hand mixer.
- Place the shortcrust pastry in a springform pan lined with baking paper, press flat and line the bottom with it. Pull up an edge of approx. 3 cm. (see tips)
- Pour in the marzipan almond cream.
- Peel the apples, quarter, remove the core and cut into thin wedges. Press the columns upright into the cream, very close together.
- Crack the walnuts, chop roughly and spread on the cake.
- Bake in a preheated oven, 180 degrees, top and bottom heat, for about 55 minutes. The cake should be golden brown and the center shouldn't wobble when you move it.
- It is best to leave the cream on the stove at the lowest temperature and dissolve the marzipan while stirring constantly. If there are still a few small pieces at the end, that's not a problem.
- You can also roll out the shortcrust pastry and then place it in the tin, but in our experience it is easier if you simply put the unrolled dough in the tin and then crush it evenly on the bottom with your hands to create a closed cake base.