Gluten Free Waffles
paleo | grain free | gluten free
INGREDIENTS: Makes two servings
- 90 g Ruut cassava flour
- 3 tbsp coconut flour (18g)
- 2 tbsp arrowroot starch (15g)
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 egg (M), whisked
- 60 ml coconut oil (warmed)
- 180 ml non-dairy milk
- 3 tbsp honey
Tip :) Only use a kitchen scale for our recipes or to weigh the flour.
- Mix the ruut cassava flour, coconut flour, arrowroot starch, baking powder and salt in a large mixing bowl. Whisk together the egg, oil and honey until smooth and stir in the milk.
- Combine the egg mixture and flours and stir to form a smooth batter.
- Preheat the waffle iron and, if necessary, grease the iron with a little oil. Pour the waffle batter into the sufficiently preheated iron according to the waffle iron manufacturer's instructions.
- Close the lid quickly and bake the waffle according to the manufacturer's instructions.
When the waffle is done, serve it warm with your choice of side dish!