American pancakes, gluten free and paleo
paleo | grain free | gluten free
Recipe from: Johanna from glutenfreerecipeworld.de
Quantity: for about 10 pancakes
- 130g Ruut cassava flour
- 60 g ground almonds
- 10 g coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking soda
- 1 pinch of salt
- 30g melted coconut oil
- 170 ml coconut drink or other plant-based milk
- 60 ml sparkling water
- 2 eggs, size M
- optional: 40 g honey
- salty butter
- Fresh cheese nature
- maple syrup
Tip :) Only use a kitchen scale for our recipes or to weigh the flour.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix the wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well with a whisk.
- Depending on the degree of grinding of your almond flour, the dough may be firmer or more liquid. If you feel it's too thick, add a little more coconut milk.
- The batter should not drip off the spoon, but should be nice and thick. As you add it to the pan, it should slowly spread into a smooth pancake.
- Heat a pan with some coconut oil, set the stove to medium and add about 2 tablespoons of batter to the pan for each pancake.
- Bake on each side for about 2 minutes until golden brown. The first side is baked with the lid, after turning the pancake over, the lid can be removed.
- To serve, spread the pancakes with salty butter or cream cheese and drizzle with maple syrup.