AIP Paleo Butter Cookies
paleo | AIP | gluten free | grain free
INGREDIENTS: for approx. 18 biscuits, each 3 cm
- 75g Ruut cassava flour
- 1 tbsp and 1 tsp *maple syrup (Exactly 20ml/23g)
- 55 g **Ghee (or unsalted butter)
- 1/8 tsp salt (1 g)
Tip :) Only use a kitchen scale for our recipes or to weigh the flour.
- Preheat the oven to 180° C. with top and bottom heat.
- Combine flour and salt in a large mixing bowl. Add the ghee in small cubes and the maple syrup. Mix with a mixer and dough hook or with a spoon into an even, lumpy dough.
- Continue kneading the crumbly dough with your hands until the dough holds together. Form a cube with your hands.
- Place the dough between two sheets of baking paper and roll out with a rolling pin. The dough should be approx. 5 mm high.
- Carefully peel off the top layer of parchment paper.
- Cut or cut out the dough into desired shapes. Place the finished biscuits on another piece of baking paper and leave a space of approx. 1 cm between the biscuits.
- Roll out the remaining dough again and shape into cookies.
- Bake the cookies for 6-12 minutes until they are slightly brown on the edges.
- Leave to cool completely outside of the oven.
*Sugar variant: To get crispier biscuits you can prepare the dough as described above; you simply replace the maple syrup with refined sugar. Instead of the maple syrup, add 1.5 tablespoons of sugar to the flour and salt before adding the clarified butter or butter.
**If you eat strictly according to AIP and do not use ghee, replace it with coconut oil in the recipe.