Grain free pancake
paleo | grain free | gluten free
Ingredients: for 4 servings
- 65g Ruut cassava flour
- 1/8 tsp salt (1 g)
- 1/8 tsp baking soda (1g)
- 50ml of water
- 75 ml plant milk (unsweetened almond milk, coconut milk)
- 1 egg
- clarified butter or frying fat
Tip :) Only use a kitchen scale for our recipes and to weigh the flour.
- Sift the flour into a large mixing bowl along with the salt. Add baking soda, milk, water and a beaten egg and mix to form a smooth batter.
- Preheat a medium skillet to medium-high.
- Add a little clarified butter or frying fat and pour approx. 60 ml of batter into the hot pan.
- Swirl the batter into part of the pan (~15 cm diameter) and place back on the hot stovetop.
- Fry the pancake for 2 1/2 - 3 1/2 minutes, turning until golden brown on both sides.
- If the pancake gets too dark, reduce the heat.
- Set the pancake aside and repeat the above steps with the remaining batter.
- Add a little extra clarified butter before each pancake, if needed.