AIP Paleo Quiche- a basic recipe for the dough
AIP | paleo | grain free | gluten free
Recipe from: Johanna from glutenfreerecipeworld.de
Quantity: for 1 quiche with a diameter of 26-28 cm
- 120 g Ruut cassava flour
- 3 grams of salt
- 80 g frozen pork lard*
- 60 ml ice cold water
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar**
*Depending on whether you like the taste of lard, you can use just clarified butter or butter, or half lard and half butter.
**You can also omit the vinegar, the dough tastes a little better with it, but it works just as well without it.
Tip :) Only use a kitchen scale for our recipes or to weigh the flour
- Mix flour and salt in a bowl.
- In an extra bowl, mix together the ice-cold water and vinegar.
- Grate the frozen lard (or clarified butter) on the coarse side of a grater.
- Add the grated fat to the flour and mix with your fingers to form a crumbly dough. Don't knead, just rub the flour loosely between your fingers so that it mixes with the fat.
- Add the water and vinegar and mix. Again, don't knead the dough, just rub it between your fingers until the dough comes together. (see pictures!)
- Place the crumbly dough on the work surface and press into a ball. Wrap in cling film and place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Take the dough out of the fridge 30 minutes before using. (If you skip this step with chilling and reheating, your dough will be too cold or too warm, respectively, and it will crack.)
- Roll out the dough between two pieces of baking paper to the size of your quiche tin, turning the dough with the baking paper from time to time and dusting it with a little flour if necessary.
- Remove the parchment paper and place the quiche pan upside down on the dough. Turn the tin upside down with the dough, press into the tin and carefully peel off the other baking paper.
- If necessary, press the dough down even more so that the mold is nicely lined.
- Cover as you like and bake at 190°C (top and bottom heat) for 40 minutes.