Onion bread from the baking mix
gluten free | grain free | paleo
Recipe from : Lena from https://lenas-glutenfrei.de/
Ingredients : for a loaf (approx. 1040g)
- 1 white onion
- 1 tbsp olive oil or butter
- 540g Ruut bread and roll baking mix
- 1 tsp bread seasoning (optional)
- 2 eggs
- 490g lukewarm water
Tip :) Only use a kitchen scale for our recipes and to weigh the flour.
- Peel the onion and cut into small cubes. Fry in olive oil or butter until the onion is translucent. Then let cool for about 10 minutes.
- Put 540g of the baking mix in a mixing bowl and add some bread spice if desired. Heat water to 50 degrees. Whisk together the egg and yolk.
- Add the warm water, eggs, and cooled, roasted onions to the batter and immediately mix into a batter using a wooden spoon or electric mixer.
- Place the dough in a well-floured proofing basket or bowl, cover and let rise in a warm place for at least 60 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C hot air and place an uncovered pan the size of the bread (preferably a cast-iron pan) in the oven. Put the hot pan over the risen bread and bake for 25 minutes. Remove the pan and bake for a further 25 minutes, until the bread is golden brown and sounds hollow inside. To do this, tap the bottom of the bread.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack (at least 2-3 hours) and enjoy. The bread will keep for a few days. To keep the bread longer, you can slice the onion bread, freeze it and toast it fresh again if necessary.