Juicy carrot buns
gluten free | low in histamine
Recipe from : Lena from https://lenas-glutenfrei.de/
Ingredients : makes 9-10 buns
- 290g Ruut cassava flour
- 100g brown millet flour or buckwheat flour
- 50g potato starch
- 20g psyllium husk powder
- 10g salt
- 7g dry yeast*
- 200g carrots, finely grated (the finer the carrots are grated, the brighter orange the buns will be)
- 1 egg size L
- 350ml lukewarm water (45°C)
- use 10g baking powder instead of yeast
Tip :) Only use a kitchen scale for our recipes and to weigh the flour.
- Place all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix well.
- Next add water, egg and grated carrots. Knead everything quickly into a dough.
- Form 9-10 rolls from the dough, this works best with wet hands. Then place the dough pieces on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Place the tray in a warm place for an hour and cover with a kitchen towel.
- Towards the end of the rising time, preheat the oven to 210°C for circulating air.
- Once the oven is hot, add the buns and bake for 25-30 minutes until nicely browned and crispy.
- Remove the tray and let the buns cool on a wire rack.
- Instructions as described but walking time in step 4 can be omitted. Add the baking powder directly to the dry ingredients, after forming the rolls the dough pieces can be baked immediately.