Classic strawberry cake with cream and almond brittle
| gluten free |
Recipe by : Johanna from www.glutenfreierezeptwelt.de
Ingredients: for 1 cake, approx. 24 cm x 24 cm
For the biscuit base :
- 3 eggs size M
- 90 grams of sugar
- 70g softened butter
- 100 g Ruut cassava flour
- 40 g almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder (3 g)
For the almond brittle :
- 100 grams of sugar
- 2 tbsp cream
- about 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 tbsp flaked almonds
For the quark cream:
- 350 g cottage cheese
- 40 grams of sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp vanilla powder
- 3 sheets of gelatin
- 250 grams of cream
- 1 packet of whipped cream
For the strawberries :
- 500 - 600 g strawberries (depending on size)
- 1 packet of red cake glaze
Tip :) Only use a kitchen scale for our recipes and to weigh the flour.
- Beat the eggs and the sugar for about 5 minutes at the highest level until fluffy, preferably with a food processor. Add the butter and stir well.
- Mix the cassava flour, almond flour and baking powder and add spoonfuls while stirring.
- Fill the dough into the mold* and bake at 180° for approx. 13 minutes.
*Depending on the cake shape, the baking time may vary slightly.
- While the cake is in the oven, prepare the almond brittle.
- Melt the sugar in a saucepan, add the cream and butter and mix well. The sugar will clump a little at first, but will dissolve again. Leave the caramel on the stove and stir until the mixture is smooth and free of chunks.
- Stir in the flaked almonds and pour the almond brittle onto the still warm cake (let it cool for about 2 minutes when it comes out of the oven) and spread evenly. Let the cake base cool down completely.
Cottage cheese cream:
- Soak the gelatine in cold water for a few minutes.
- Mix the quark, sugar, lemon juice and vanilla powder.
- Squeeze out the gelatine and melt it in a saucepan, but don't let it boil! As soon as the gelatin has dissolved, remove from the heat and stir in 2 tablespoons of the quark cream. Now mix the gelatin cream into the remaining quark cream.
- Whip the cream briefly, sprinkle in the cream stiffener and continue stirring until the cream is stiff. Fold the cream into the quark cream and spread evenly over the cake.
- Wash the strawberries, remove the green and cut in half. Scatter the strawberries, cut side up, slightly overlapping on the whipped cream.
- Prepare the cake glaze according to the package instructions and pour evenly over the strawberries. Place the cake in the fridge for at least 3 hours, preferably overnight.
- Carefully remove the cake from the mold and serve.