AIP | paleo | grain free | gluten free
INGREDIENTS: makes approx. 255 ml of sauce
- 80 ml dissolved roast juices from the meat
- 130-140 ml meat stock or stock
- 60 ml dry red/white wine, alternatively coconut milk (for AIP), cream or a mixture of 2 tbsp brandy and 2 tbsp stock
- 1 tbsp Ruut cassava flour
- 1 tbsp finely chopped onion
- 1 tsp finely chopped garlic
- Spices and herbs of your choice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Tip :) Only use a kitchen scale for our recipes or to weigh the flour.
- First prepare the meat in a roaster as desired and when it is ready, wrap it up and keep it warm. Collect and measure the meat juices in the roaster. If necessary, fill up to 80ml with stock and put back into the roaster.
- In a small bowl, mix 130ml broth or stock, 60ml wine and the Ruut cassava flour until smooth. Add to the roasting pan along with the finely chopped onion and garlic.
- Bring to the boil, stirring constantly, until the sauce thickens a little. Now reduce the heat and simmer for 1-2 minutes or until the sauce has thickened. Season the sauce with salt, freshly ground pepper and desired spices.
The sauce will thicken a little as it cools.
Serve with the meat.
- This recipe can also be increased proportionally if there is a lot of gravy.
- For a thicker sauce, reduce the amount of stock from 150ml to 130ml. If it gets too thick, just add a little more stock at the end.