Hearty Bundt cake with bacon and paprika
lactose free | gluten free
Recipe from: Trudel from glutenfrei-kochen.de
Ingredients: for 1 ring cake approx. 16 cm
- 100 g bacon
- 4 eggs
- 80 ml sunflower oil
- 150 g Ruut cassava flour
- 60 g tapioca starch
- 80 ml white wine
- 1 tsp ground psyllium husk
- 1 packet of cream of tartar baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- Freshly ground white pepper
- 80 g grated mountain cheese
- 120 g diced bell peppers (red, yellow and green)
- Some sprigs of rosemary and thyme
- Butterfat for greasing and 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs for sprinkling the dish
Tip :) Only use a kitchen scale for our recipes and to weigh the flour.
- Cut the bacon into small cubes. Fry in a pan until lightly browned.
- Put the eggs in a bowl and whisk with the oil. Season with salt and pepper. Add the washed and chopped herbs.
- Mix the cassava flour with psyllium husks, tapioca starch and baking powder. Gradually stir the flour mixture with the wine into the egg and oil mixture.
- Finally fold in the grated cheese with the bacon and the diced peppers.
- Spread the mixture into the greased Bundt cake pan (16 cm) sprinkled with breadcrumbs.
- Place the mold on the middle shelf of the oven preheated to 180° bottom/top heat. Bake the ring cake for approx. 40 minutes. Test the doneness with a toothpick.
- Leave the hot Bundt cake to cool in the mold for another 10 minutes, then loosen the edge with a kitchen knife.
Preparation time: 30 min. Baking time: 40 min.