Gluten Free Lemon Blackberry Pie
gluten free | grain free
Recipe from : Johanna from www.glutenfreierezeptwelt.de
Ingredients: for a loaf tin approx. 11 x 21 cm
- 150g softened butter
- 180 grams of sugar
- 1 organic lemon, zest and juice
- 1 pinch of vanilla powder or pulp of 1 vanilla bean
- 3 eggs, size L
- 70 g Ruut cassava flour
- 20 g coconut flour
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 110 g ground almonds
- 200 g fresh blackberries plus a few more for decoration (optional)
For the icing:
- 90 g powdered sugar
- lemon juice
Tip :) Only use a kitchen scale for our recipes and to weigh the flour.
- Using a hand mixer, cream together the butter, sugar, 1 teaspoon lemon zest, 1 tablespoon lemon juice and vanilla powder (stir for about 3 minutes!)
- Gradually add the eggs. The crowd will falter a bit now, but that's not a big deal.
- Mix the flours with the baking powder and add spoonfuls to the egg-butter mixture while continuing to mix on low speed.
- Wash the blackberries and fold them into the batter by hand.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees, hot air. Grease a loaf tin (approx. 11 x 21 cm) and line with baking paper.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and bake for 30 minutes. Then cut the cake slightly in the middle, cover with aluminum foil and bake for another 25 minutes. Do a cooking test: no more dough should stick to the stick.
- Remove from the oven and allow the cake to cool in the tin for about 15 minutes, then lift out of the tin with the baking paper, place on a wire rack and allow to cool completely.
- For the icing, mix the icing sugar with enough lemon juice to form a thick icing. Spread the frosting over the cooled cake and decorate with a few more blackberries if you like.
- Wrapped in cling film and stored in the fridge, the cake will keep for about 5 days.