Kaiserschmarrn, light, fluffy and gluten-free
grain free | gluten free
Recipe from: Johanna from glutenfreerecipeworld.de
Quantity: As dessert for 4 people
- 3 eggs size M, separated
- 100 g Ruut cassava flour
- 50 g ground almonds (or polenta)
- 30 grams of brown sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 300ml milk
- 20g raisins, optional
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- applesauce or plumsauce
Tip :) Only use a kitchen scale for our recipes or to weigh the flour.
- Separate the eggs and mix the yolks with the sugar until the eggs are creamy and thick.
- Stir in the salt, cassava flour, ground almonds and milk. Best with a hand mixer.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, top and bottom heat.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff and fold into the batter in two parts.
- Grease an ovenproof pan (approx. 20 cm in diameter) with plenty of butter and fill in half of the batter. The batter should be about 1 cm thick in the pan. Sprinkle with half the raisins and place in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Take out the pan and divide the dough into 4 parts. Flip each quarter and continue to cook on the stovetop over medium-high heat for 2 minutes.
- With the help of two spatulas, tear the quarters into small pieces, sieve with 1 tablespoon of powdered sugar and bake for a further 2 minutes so that the sugar caramelizes.
- Repeat with the second half of the dough.
- Serve the still warm Kaiserschmarrn with apple sauce or plum sauce.