Cinnamon rolls with apple, very juicy and gluten-free
| gluten free |
Recipe by: Johanna from glutenfreierezeptwelt.de
Ingredients for the yeast dough:
- 300 g cassava flour from Ruut
- 100 g finely ground almonds
- 50 g cornstarch
- 5g xanthan gum
- 2 tablespoons psyllium husk powder eg FiberHUSK
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 80 grams of sugar
- 30 grams of fresh yeast
- 1 pinch of salt
- 350 ml of warm milk, no warmer than 32 degrees!
- 1 egg
- 60g melted butter
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
For the filling
- 70 g very soft butter not runny!
- 70g brown sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 large apple, roughly grated
- some lemon juice
For the icing (optional)
- 3 tbsp powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp cream
- 1 tbsp melted butter
Tip :) Only use a kitchen scale for our recipes and to weigh the flour.
See instructions " Basic recipe yeast dough ". You can also find the recipe here on our website.
For the filling:
- It is best to weigh the butter 1 hour in advance and set aside to warm up. It is important that it paints well and easily. Peel and coarsely grate the apple, sprinkle with a little lemon juice. Mix cinnamon and sugar.
- Roll out the yeast dough into a rectangle, then first spread the butter evenly over the dough, then distribute the grated apple and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar. Roll up the dough from the long side and cut into 2-3 cm thick slices.
- Grease a casserole dish or large springform tin with butter and place the snails cut-side down or up in the tin. Not too tight, because they still need some space to rise. Cover the dish and let it rise again for 30 minutes in a warm, draft-free place.
- The cinnamon rolls are baked in the preheated oven (200° C, top and bottom heat) for 25 minutes. In the meantime, mix all the ingredients for the glaze and spread over the freshly baked snails. Allow the cinnamon rolls to cool for about 20 minutes before serving.