Simple pesto bread from the baking mix
I gluten-free I grain-free I paleo
Recipe from: Johanna from glutenfreerecipeworld.de
INGREDIENTS: for 1 bread/braid
- 540 g of our gluten-free baking mix for bread and rolls
- 490 ml water
- 26 g olive oil, avocado or sunflower oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 jar of pesto of your choice (approx. 150 g)
Tip :) Only use a kitchen scale for our recipes and to weigh the flour.
- Prepare the bread dough according to the instructions for the baking mix . Cover the dough in the bowl and let it rise in a warm place for about 30 minutes.
- Roll out the dough on a floured work surface to a rectangle of approx. 40 x 50cm. Spread the pesto evenly over the dough, leaving some free edges. Roll up the dough from the long side and cut lengthwise in half (see photo) so that you have two long half rolls.
- Twist the two halves together, placing the cut side up. Either leave the braid as is (see tip below) or form a circle and twist the ends together. Using both hands, carefully place the bread on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Let the bread rise uncovered in a warm place for about 45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C top and bottom heat and bake the bread for 35-40 minutes. Allow to cool for at least 1 hour before slicing.
- The bread looks more complicated than it is! By cutting the roll in half and twisting it, it looks much more complex than it really is. So feel free to try the recipe, if you have any questions, feel free to write to us.
- If you leave the bread in a long braid, i.e. don’t put it in a circle, then don’t halve the entire roll, but leave a piece together at the end, where you then start twisting the braid. You have a nicer start that way.